Dustin Johnson Wins FedEx St. Jude Classic Powered by M4 Driver & TP5x Golf Ball; 12th Global Win For TaylorMade's M3 & M4 Drivers with Twist Face Technology
Johnson's 18th career PGA TOUR victory returns him to #1 in Official World Golf Ranking
Dustin Johnson, M4 driver. © Getty Images
What You Need to Know:
- TaylorMade’s 2018 M Drivers featuring Twist Face Technology now have victories in 9 tournaments on the PGA TOUR this season and 12 worldwide, outpacing any other manufacturer this season.
- Having found success with both the M3 & M4 drivers this year, Johnson played the 10.5° M4 driver this week. Per his usual, he has it equipped with a Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 X Tour Spec 2.0 shaft. For the tournament, Dustin averaged 320.3 yards off the tee which led the field in driving distance.
- Johnson's victory is his second PGA TOUR title this season and the 18th of his career, which ties him for most on Tour since 2008 with fellow TaylorMade staffer Tiger Woods.
- Earlier this season, Johnson made the switch into the P730 DJ Proto Irons. As he has for most of his recent career, DJ has them equipped with True Temper's Dynamic Gold X100 shafts.
- Johnson has praised the performance of the TP5 golf ball since he first put it into play at the Tournament of Champions last year. It's the 8th win on the PGA TOUR this season for TP5(x), with DJ adding his second win along with Day, Johnson, Rahm, Rose and McIlroy.
- DJ has found much success on the greens with the Spider Tour putter, using it to escalate to #1 in the OWGR. After experimenting with the recently-released Spider Mini, Johnson returned to his Spider Tour black.
- With the victory, Johnson not only reclaims the #1 position in the OWGR, he jumps to #2 in the season-long FedExCup standings as well.
Dustin Johnson, P730 irons. © Getty Images
Dustin Johnson's Winning Bag at the FedEx St. Jude Classic:
M4 Driver | 10.5° | Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 X Tour Spec 2.0
M4 Fairway | 3HL 16.5° | Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5 95 X
P730 DJ Proto Irons | 3-PW | Dynamic Gold X100
Milled Grind Wedges | 52° & 60° + 64° Hi-Toe | KBS Tour Black 130 X
TP5x Golf Ball (#1)
For more information on DJ or any of TaylorMade Tour staffers' equipment, click HERE. For all other requests or additional information, please contact:
Download PDFDownload PDF
About TaylorMade Golf Europe
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf is a leading manufacturer of high performance golf equipment with industry-leading innovative products like M1 and M2 metalwoods, M1 and M2 irons and TP5/TP5X golf balls. TaylorMade is also a major force on the PGA TOUR with one of the strongest athlete portfolios in golf, that includes world no.1 Dustin Johnson and five of the current Top 15 in the world.