Team TaylorMade's Xander Schauffele Captures Tour Championship in Thrilling Finish at East Lake
Powered by a bag filled with TaylorMade metalwoods, irons and golf ball, 23-year-old Schauffele concludes stellar rookie campaign with dramatic birdie on 72nd hole to capture Tour Championship; all but locks in PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year Honours
What You Need To Know:
-Schauffele's victory is his second on the PGA TOUR, capping a remarkable rookie campaign which saw the 23-year-old card four top-10 and 11 top-25 finishes.
-Armed with his 2017 M2 driver equipped with a Graphite Design DI-7X shaft (the same shaft he used for his maiden victory at the Greenbrier), Schauffele finished the week with a 314.5 yard average off the tee and hit more than 60% of fairways. His massive 347 yard drive on the 18th put him in perfect position to make birdie on the 18th.
-One of only two rookies at the Tour Championship, he becomes the first rookie in the tournament's history to win and the fifth player to win the tournament in their first appearance.
-Schauffele, whose played the the P750 Tour Proto Irons since the Honda Classic, put on a ball-striking display at East Lake, hitting just under 71% of greens in regulation.
- Schauffele's victory is the 28th on worldwide tours for TaylorMade's new '17 drivers, far outpacing the next closest manufacturer.
- This was the eighth win this season for the new TP5/TP5X ball. Xander first put it into play at the Bridgestone Invitational after playing a practice round with stablemate Jon Rahm and hitting one of his. Dustin Johnson, Si-Woo Kim, Jon Rahm and Sergio Garcia have also won this year with the new ball (Rahm, Johnson & Kim: TP5x, Garcia TP5).
Xander Schauffele's WiTB at The Tour Championship:
- '17 M2 Driver / 9.5* / Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7X
- '17 M1 Fairway / 15* / Graphite Design Tour AD-BB 8X
- P790 2-iron / 17* / True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
- P750 Tour Proto Irons / 4-PW / True Temper DG Tour Issue X100
- adidas Apparel
- adidas adiPure TP Footwear
Download PDFDownload PDF
About TaylorMade Golf Europe
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf is a leading manufacturer of high performance golf equipment with industry-leading innovative products like M1 and M2 metalwoods, M1 and M2 irons and TP5/TP5X golf balls. TaylorMade is also a major force on the PGA TOUR with one of the strongest athlete portfolios in golf, that includes world no.1 Dustin Johnson and five of the current Top 15 in the world.