SSP Chawrasia Defends Indian Open Title and Completes a 10th Win in 9 Weeks for TaylorMade Golf
A final round 71 placed Chawrasia in the history books as the first Indian to defend a European Tour title
Basingstoke Hants. (12th March, 2017) - SSP Chawrasia started the day tied for the lead as he completed the final 7 holes of his weather interrupted third round, before carding a 71 in the final round to secure victory at the Hero Indian Open.
Armed with TaylorMade metalwoods, Chawrasia finished the day 7 shots ahead of fellow TaylorMade staff professional Gavin Green. Utilising the All-New 2017 M1 3 wood, Chawrasia impressed off the tee hitting 76.8% of fairways on a golf course that demanded accuracy and precision.
This is probably my best win of my career as it was a really tough course. This week, I made less mistakes and others made more mistakes.
What's In The Bag:
M2 Driver / 10.5 degrees / Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6-S
2017 M1 Fairway / 15 degrees / Graphite Design Tour AD TP 7-S
M1 Fairway / 17 degrees / Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7-X
With This Win:
- Marks the 10th win in 9 weeks globally for TaylorMade Golf
- His fourth European Tour International Schedule victory in his 188th official European Tour event.
- Moves to 289,309 points in the Race to Dubai.
- Becomes the first Indian in European Tour history to successfully defend a European Tour title.
- Continues with his incredible record in the Hero Indian Open since the event became part of the European Tour International Schedule in 2015. In 2015 he finished second and first in 2016 and 2017.
For more information on TaylorMade-adidas Golf, please visit www.taylormadegolf.com.
Download PDFDownload PDF
About TaylorMade Golf Europe
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf is a leading manufacturer of high performance golf equipment with industry-leading innovative products like M1 and M2 metalwoods, M1 and M2 irons and TP5/TP5X golf balls. TaylorMade is also a major force on the PGA TOUR with one of the strongest athlete portfolios in golf, that includes world no.1 Dustin Johnson and five of the current Top 15 in the world.