Dustin Johnson & Dean Burmester Both Win in Emphatic Style to Secure NINE Victories in Eight Weeks for the TaylorMade M FaMily
World #1 Johnson adds 4th WGC title in first start as Burmester clinched European Tour playing rights with maiden tour win
Basingstoke, Hants (6th March, 2017) - A thrilling weekend of golf saw the TaylorMade M FaMily rein victorious on both the PGA and European Tour's.
After recently adding the '17 M1 driver and TP5x golf ball to his bag, it was DJ's '17 M1 3HL fairway that he first put in the bag at Riviera that was key for him at Club de Golf Chapultepec's high altitude.
DJ's fairway is cut to a 5 wood length (1" shorter than standard) and set to 16* of loft. Dustin carries it 280 yards, which is the exact number he's looking for.
DJ's wedge setup often changes week to week depending on the conditions and shots he'll be faced with on the course. So far this year, he's gotten comfortable with a PW, 52* & 60* combination in the Milled Grind wedges, which he added to the bag as soon as the Tour truck had them available.
Similar to World #2 Jason Day, Dustin Johnson plays the Spider Tour Black putter, which he first put into his bag at last year's BMW Championship (he won). DJ prefers its firmer insert to Jason's Spider Tour red model. Also notable with the win, Spider becomes the most winning putter model on tour in the last 9 months, starting with Day's win at THE PLAYERS last year; a truly remarkable feat for the category.
DJ was dressed in full adidas apparel whilst wearing Tour360 BOOST shoes, signaling a 4th win in 2017 for adidas footwear in 2017.
Dustin Johnson's WGC-Mexico Championship Winning Bag:
- 2017 M1 460 Driver / 10.5* / Fuji Speeder Evolution 661 X Tour Spec 2.0
- 2017 M1 Fairway / 16* / Project X HZRDUS T1100
- RSi TP UDI #2 / Project X HZRDUS Black 105 X
- TP MB Irons / 3-PW / Dynamic Gold X100
- Milled Grind Wedges / 52* & 60* / KBS Tour Black 130 X
- Tour Preferred Glove
- Tour New Era 9Fifty Headwear
- adidas Apparel
- adidas Tour360 BOOST
Final Round 65 Seals Win for Burmester
Early on Sunday Dean Burmester won his first European Tour title at the Tshwane Open in South Africa, using the All-New 2017 TaylorMade M1 460 driver and the 2017 M1 3 wood.
Burmester ranked 6th in driving distance having switched to the 2017 M1 driver from the 2016 M2 at the South African Open earlier this year. The switch gave him an extra 10 yards off the tee whilst tightening dispersion in the process. Working with TaylorMade Tour Representative Adrian Rietveld during testing, Burmester saw an improved average carry distance of 336.6 yards with the 2017 M1.
The TaylorMade woods are long and so consistent off the face, giving me such confidence off the tee. A true game changer.
What's in the Bag:
With These Wins:
- In winning the WGC-Mexico Championship, Johnson became the fifth player to win his first PGA TOUR start as world No. 1.
- This was the fourth consecutive week that Spider was the #1 putter model on PGA TOUR.
- TaylorMade once again won the driver count at the WGC-Mexico Championship with 30 drivers in play - a dozen more than the nearest competitor.
- TaylorMade also won the count at the Tshwane Open with 41.7% of drivers in play.
- This was the fourth win this season for the new TP5/TP5X ball, with Johnson having joined Jason Day, Sergio Garcia, Justin Rose and Jon Rahm in making the quick switch into the new golf ball.
- The Spider Tour putter was in the bag of the Top 3 and ties at the WGC Mexico Championship
For more information on the 2017 TaylorMade product visit www.taylormadegolf.com.
Download PDFDownload PDF
About TaylorMade Golf Europe
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf is a leading manufacturer of high performance golf equipment with industry-leading innovative products like M1 and M2 metalwoods, M1 and M2 irons and TP5/TP5X golf balls. TaylorMade is also a major force on the PGA TOUR with one of the strongest athlete portfolios in golf, that includes world no.1 Dustin Johnson and five of the current Top 15 in the world.